Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trust & Assurance

How many of you had a restless day after watching the episode on Child Molestation in the programme Satyameva Jayathe? Was it the thought of how animalistic humans can become or an earlier encounter with such psychos that bothered you? Well for me, it was the mental trauma of kids when facing the fact that their parents did not believe them.

There have been times when I too complained about misbehavior or eve teasing that disturbed me but I was asked to ignore them. Later I have got into lots of trouble but I found my own solutions in which some of the issues were messed up even more with my immature handling.  I always was of the impression that I had to deal with my life’s problems alone. But there were also instances where I did feel that approaching my parents would have relieved my mental burden. Maybe it was the lack of confidence that I won’t be trusted always stopped me from sharing the problem.

Whatever happens, trust your child’s words. It is not always fear and flight. Try the option of facing the fear too. You are not protecting your child by asking them to overlook such encounters. Sometimes it can save lots of lives and may not be just your kid’s future involved. When you give the slightest hint that you don’t believe in your kids, they start fighting their own battle or the worst to keep quiet and keep suffering. If my parents don’t believe me, then who will?  It’s like struggling in a quicksand where you get sucked in more and more with no route to escape. Believe me; you definitely don’t want your kids trapped there.
-Chalked by Rashmi

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to know your thoughts....

Popular